October 1, 2019

Week 89: Villa de Seris

Hello everyone! This week I am writing you from Villa de Seris in Hermosillo! We had transfers and now I am Hermosillo! It feels great to be here. About one year ago I was serving here in Hermosillo. Every area that I have been in has a special feeling and I remember many things. Hermosillo has that feeling. It seems like just yesterday that I was here. This last week many great things happened. We were able to have some good lessons and I feel satisfied with the work I did in Puerto Peñasco. It was very hard to say goodbye to our converts there but I am truly so grateful for the opportunity that we had to be instruments in our Heavenly Fathers hands and to help them be baptized. Puerto Peñasco is being very blessed with success. When I left Puerto Peñasco that last day, some amazing things happened. As I hugged Benjamin (our recent baptism) and said bye to him he said "You will always be remembered here." That was something very special to hear. After that, I went to say bye to a family that we had been teaching and the dads name was Jesus Gabriel. He also said something similar to me that night. I literally saw a part of my Patriachal Blessing be fulfilled. It says that "many will come to the waters of baptism" and that "they will remember and be thankful for me." I was grateful to know and feel the Lords kindness with me and his children. It was hard to leave but the Lord needs me here now. I dont know why but He has something prepared for me and my companion. I love Him and I am trying me best to be better every day and to trust in Him. I love you all and I would invite you to do the same.

Elder Smith



My new zone in Hermosillo